SCIENCE meets ART in these seminars, which teach voice techniques that both enhance healthy voices and benefit troubled voices.
Unique to this seminar are 8 hours of small group sessions where experienced Certified McClosky Voice Technicians help participants improve their own vocal technique with individualized attention.
Daily lectures and discussions offer special interest topics including:
- Biomechanics of the Voice: The relationship of breath, vocal fold function, and resonance
- Healthy Voice Production: The McClosky approach through posture, breathing, & relaxation of key muscle groups
- Care of the Mature Voice: Appropriate vocal hygiene as the voice matures
- Common Voice Disorders: A review and discussion, usually with an M.D.
- Relationship of Speech and Singing: Demonstration and practice of careful voice use
- Non-classical Singing: A healthy approach to popular singing styles
- Training the Developing Voice: Using the McClosky technique with young singers
For more details, please click on our schedule.
Participants learn to approach basic problems in voice quality and to analyze issues in the use of the voice. By becoming ATTUNED to the physical process, you will learn to use the techniques in all speaking and singing situations.
These seminars are frequently held in conjunction with our advanced-level Certified McClosky Voice Technician Course.
Speech and Language Pathologists will learn how these techniques can be used in clinical applications for hyperfunctional disorders replacing faulty production with vocal efficiency.
"The McClosky Seminar and CMVT Certification course opened my eyes to a solid and unique technical approach to singing and teaching. These invaluable tools were not available to me when I trained 35 years ago and, although not new, are still unknown to far too many in the profession."
– Paul Elliott, Professor of Music, Indiana University
"I feel freedom in my voice that I have never felt.
I am also excited about teaching this technique with my choral students"
– Pam Walling, Choral Director, Virginia
"The McClosky Institute of Voice has been a tremendous help to me personally and to my students as they benefit from what I have learned. As an active teacher and performer, I have gained a new 'lease' on my singing life with the immense freedom and flexibility of the McClosky technique. I highly recommend the McClosky program, technique, and philosophy of voice to anyone at any level who desires to truly realize the full potential of their voice."
– David G. Parker, Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina
Tuition and Housing Information
2014 information to be announced
Continuing Education and Graduate Credit
We offer Continuing Education Units, Professional Development Points, and Graduate Credit.